Monday, November 3, 2008

Bye bye, Heroes

How far has Heroes fallen? It's being bumped tonight in favor of the consistently awful Saturday Night Live's "Presidential Bash" (I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they'll use the opportunity to showcase Tina Fey one last time). It's just as well -- the acting in Heroes would probably generate more comedy, though unintentional. I won't miss it -- I'm done with Heroes. As I've mentioned before, it's gotten too complicated and too stupid. And as Tim Goodman mentioned in a recent podcast, it hasn't even followed its own Bible of characters' powers and personalities. I give up.

In a related note, the show's two top writers were fired today. Co-executive producers Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander ran the show on a day-to-day basis, and “It’s understood that Alexander and Loeb were let go because of Peacock execs’ frustration with the creative direction of the show,” according to Monday's story in Variety.

Can't say that the firings weren't deserved. What was once one of the more creative, intriguing shows on TV has gone horribly, horribly awry. So my fanship is officially dead. And unlike a Petrelli family member, I won't be back.

No comments: